|"More monsters! Make more monsters!"
This article is a stub. You can help the Knighton News Network by
Nexo Knights (stylized as NEXO KNIGHTS) is a CGI comedy-action fantasy sci-fi television series that aired on Cartoon Network from December 13, 2015 to September 1, 2017.
Though the series ended in 2018 due to production and budgetary issues, despite it exceeding sales expectations, Samuel Johnson, Peter Griffiths, and Tommy Andreasen hope for its return, as do other cast members. Samuel Johnson notes that it is possible it could return, though Tommy Andreasen doubts the story arc would complete.
Prior to the series
Cast and crew
- Peter Griffiths
- Torsten Jacobsen
- Ole Holm Christensen
- Lotte Kronborg
- Vicky Kjaer Jensen
- Like all other LEGO cartoons, the series is rated TV-Y7.
- It was originally titled "The Knights of Avatron" and was later named "Knighton" for a short while.
- The goal for Nexo Knights was to create a brand that would be the top for boys in 2016, but also be interesting enough for two years.
- LEGO had toyed with futuristic knights before but had never explored it deeply like in Nexo Knights.
- The designers had toyed around with creating a tower defense video game for Nexo Knights before deciding that its core theme would be collectibility in the Nexo Powers.
- Around the time of Season 4's airing, the eighth season of Ninjago also began to air, causing an issue with the timeslots.
- Because Nexo Knights was generally not as popular, a television channel moved its timeslot to 4:30AM, causing it to have bad ratings, ending the series.
- Despite the medieval theme, dragons were not added to the series because Ninjago already had them.
- According to Tommy Andreasen, it is not possible at the moment to create a Ninjago-Nexo Knights crossover.
- Tommy Andreasen noted that there is a lot of adult humor in Nexo Knights, and that there is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail in every episode as of 2016.