70323 Jestro's Volcano Lair is a Nexo Knights set released in 2016. It comes with Macy Halbert, Lance Richmond and Axl in their techno armor, Jestro, Lavaria, the Bookkeeper, two Ash Attackers, two Scurriers, the Book of Monsters, Book of Destruction, Book of Vengeance, six Nexo Powers, the Mace Slammer, Axl's Hover Horse and Monstrox's castle.
Send in the futuristic knights to steal the spell books from Jestro's Volcano Lair, featuring a trapdoor, spinning lava mouth, movable saw blade on the stairwell, detachable throne, library with exploding wall function, and a prison cell with ejecting wall. Turn the lair around to reveal the living quarters with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, prison and a weapon room. Also comes with Macy's Mace Slammer, Axl's Hover Horse and 6 scannable shields. Includes 8 minifigures and 2 Scurriers.
- Includes 10 minifigures: Jestro, Bookkeeper, Lavaria, 2 Ash Attackers, 2 Scurriers, Axl, Macy Halbert and Lance Richmond.
- Features Jestro's Volcano Lair, Macy's Mace Slammer and Axl's Hover Horse.
- Volcano Lair features a detachable throne, a seated disc-shooter weapon, trapdoor function that leads into a spinning lava mouth, stairwell with spinning saw blade to stop the knights climbing the stairs, library with 2 spell books, prison cell with collapsible wall, weapon chamber, treasure room, bedroom with bed, bathroom with bathtub, and a kitchen with a chicken and a banana.
- Mace Slammer features a ball shooter and 2 flick missiles.
- Release the Volcano Lair's trapdoor, and turn the handle to plunge the victim into the jaw of the lava spinning mouth.
- Spin the cog handle to set the saw blade spinning and stop the knights from climbing the stairwell.
- Pull the prison cell's lever to topple the wall.
- Fire Macy's Mace Slammer ball shooter and flick missiles at the library's shield-shaped element to create an explosion effect and retrieve the spell books.
- Also includes the Book of Destruction and Book of Revenge.
- Weapons include Jestro's 2 magic wands, Axl's Axe, Macy's Photon Mace, Lance's NEXO Lance, the Ash Attacker's 2 spears, Lavaria's 2 swords, the Scurrier's axe, a sword and 2 buildable weapons in the weapon chamber.
- Accessory elements include Axl's helmet and shield, Macy's helmet, shield and NEXO armor, Lance's helmet, shield and NEXO armor, arat, frog, chicken, spider, banana, 2 gold goblets, and a cauldron.
- This set offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 9-14.
- Download the free LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™: MERLOK 2.0 app to your smartphone or tablet. Ask your parents' or guardians' permission before going online.
- Scan shields for each of the 6 NEXO Powers (Flash Cannon, Fire Tornado, Wall Block, Banana Bomb, Jungle Dragon and Whirl Wind) and power up in the LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™ game!
- Watch all your favorite NEXO KNIGHTS™ characters on Cartoon Network.
- Jestro's Volcano Lair measures over 12” (33cm) high, 16” (41cm) wide and 11” (28cm) deep.
- Macy's Mace Slammer measures over 4” (12cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 4” (12cm) wide.
- Axl's Hover Horse measures over 1” (4cm) high, 3” (9cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.
Jestro's base built around a spinning lava beast monster. The colours and shape are all a bit busy, not the most coherent of buildings and a little hard to decode at first. I tried to put everything you would normally find in a castle here, armoury, library, dungeon, master bedroom, throne, kitchen etc.. The rubber frog in the bathroom is my favourite detail. The bathroom was controversial with one kid at a test who asked why he would put a bath in his castle, "He's the boss now, he never needs to take a bath ever again!".
- The Bookkeeper and Lavaria in her normal form are exclusive to this set, as well as a black Scurrier.
- Monstrox's castle first appeared in "Back to School" while the Mace Slammer appeared in the "Attack and Rescue" webisode short.
- This set contains the most minifigures of the 2016 sets, with 10 in total.